Would you like help in identifying troublesome weeds – in your garden, on your farm, or in recreation or conservation areas?
Weeds of South-East Queensland and Northern NSW – an updated weed identification and information app – may be what you are looking for. This free app has recently been released on Google Play Store and Apple iTunes, through sponsorship from four South East Queensland councils.
The app includes over 700 weed species found in suburban, rural, environmental and agricultural situations. It is an invaluable resource for gardeners, Landcare and Bushcare volunteers, weed control officers, ecologists, researchers, students, and others interested in learning more about the weeds found in our region.
This latest version using the Lucid Mobile platform now includes:
- An interactive, easy to use Lucid identification key
- Best practice guide in using the key to identify weed species
- Fact sheets with in-depth descriptions of specific weeds
- Over 8,000 colour photographs of weeds and diagnostic features
- Information about plants suitable for replacing suburban weeds
- Details of Prohibited and Restricted weeds in Queensland
- A glossary of commonly used botanical terms
The latest version of the app has a much-reduced storage footprint, allowing images associated with the identification tool to be downloaded as required, with the option to download all the images to your device for use offline in the field or when using the app with poor network connectivity.
The following Queensland councils supported this update of the content and upgrade of the Lucid Mobile platform, enabling the app to be freely available:
- Brisbane City Council
- Sunshine Coast Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Bundaberg Regional Council
Download the app free from:
Download screen shots: