The main Landcare Research authors, David Glenny, Murray Dawson, and Kerry Ford (at the Allan Herbarium), have collaborated with other colleagues, including Trevor James (weed scientist at AgResearch) and Jeremy Rolfe (Department of Conservation), to develop the following keys:
|Key||No#. taxa||Brief Details|
|Key to flowering plant genera||1090 genera||Native and naturalised genera (not cultivated-only)|
|NZ Weeds||667 taxa||Similar to Environmental Weeds of Australia Lucid key – same architecture|
|NZ grasses||501 taxa||Native and naturalised species|
|Native orchids||123 species||Plus many tag-names|
|Coprosma spp.||53 species||All native|
|Cotoneaster||26 species||Wild or in cultivation|
|Weedy daisy||50 taxa||Naturalised and weedy Asteraceae in the South Pacific region|
- A Lucid CD-ROM key to Australasian liverwort and hornwort genera, created by David Glenny and Bill Malcolm and including 181 New Zealand and Australian genera.
- Two keys developed by two Teacher Fellows, hosted at Landcare Research:
- Native plants for schools and marae (61 taxa)
- Biodiversity assessment at Styx Mill Conservation Reserve (74 species of plants, birds, insects, etc.)
- Two free Lucid Mobile apps available on Google Store and iTunes:
- Coprosma: a genus of native New Zealand woody plants. The app was created to help identify plants during ecological survey work, but is also useful to students, researchers, and others in the New Zealand botanical community.
- NZ native orchids: 120–160 species of native orchids in New Zealand, including those that don’t yet have formal botanical names. Many native orchids are endangered and accurate identification should assist in their conservation. Members of the New Zealand Native Orchid Group (http://www.nativeorchids.co.nz) and the NatureWatch NZ project (http://naturewatch.org.nz/projects/new-zealand-native-orchids) contributed numerous images to this key.