Five popular key products released over the past several years on DVD and USB now have a new update available.
This update upgrades the underlying identification technology to the very latest Lucid Player options available.
Users will now have three choices when it comes to using the identification keys.
- The Lucid Applet Player – More features, no install but requires the Java Runtime Environment and Firefox.
- The Lucid Application Player – More features, installed application, requires the Java Runtime Environment, but doesn’t need run within a web browser.
Visit www.lucidcentral.org for more information about this update.
File size: 98MB
Date: 1st February 2017
- Updated the key deployment options and various deployable setup packages.
- Added a new media check reporting tool.
- Added new and improved image viewing interface to the Desktop application Player.
- Improved the media removal options within the Builder.
- Improved the way drag and drop works within the Builder.
- Updated underlying image handling components to improve thumbnailing, support of additional color palettes and transparency options.
- Removed the Applet Player as a deployment option.
- Removed the SDD import/export support.
- Changed some underlying default preference setting values in the Builder to give a better visual experience.
- Fixed several minor bugs and made underlying changes to default Java libraries to optimise the Builder and Desktop application Player under the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
- Updated the Help files.
If you have current Lucid maintenance this update is free. Otherwise, if you own v3.5 you can purchase the v3.6 upgrade via our on-line store.
Those who have pre-purchased the v3.6 upgrade will receive a separate email notification once your Lucidcentral.org account has been granted access to the v3.6 downloads.
If you have any questions or require support please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us via the Lucidcentral.org help desk.
We hope you enjoy version 3.6.
The Lucid Team
Fact Sheet Fusion Update
File Size: 142MB
Date: 18 January 2017
- Increased the speed of exports by 30-50% depending on the export options selected.
- Added support for importing Lucid key data (entities) and associated fact sheets via the HTML import option.
- Several bug fixes and improvements added to the import of MS Word generated HTML files.
- Changed the default selected project option to ‘open project’ within the Projects dialog.
- Added a new check for updates feature. Includes automatic download and install launch feature.
- Upgraded the setup package process to allow updates to over install existing older versions, rather than having to uninstall prior to updating to the newer edition.
For more information about older changes please see the Fact Sheet Fusion Announcement Forum.
If you have any questions or require support please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us via the Lucidcentral.org Help Desk.
The Lucid Mobile platform continues to evolve at a rapid pace. Recently several new exciting features have been added, which will be available in the future for those wishing to deploy their keys as mobile Apps.
- Users now have the ability to save their identification sessions and reload them at a future time.
- The Lucid App can now open other Lucid based Apps, allowing keys (Apps) to be daisy chained (e.g. as sub keys).
- This allows users to install keys that they are interested in. The first example of this is the SANBI Keys – See the Keys listing on www.lucidcentral.org for more information on this.
- The Lucid Mobile App image viewer has been updated to include more features.
User registration can now be added to your key, along with licence requirements, if required.
Version v3.6 is now available to purchase.
New Features and Enhancements
- Added new Fusion2 database import option.
- Added import from file option to all import text dialogs (topics, entities and subsets etc).
- Help has been updated to reflect new functionality.
- Fixed an exception that was caused when all entities are removed and a media item wasn’t cleared from the entity images panel.
- Fixed an invalid parameter error when generating image watermark that occurred for some image types.
- Fixed opening the Media Manager where all previous entities had been deleted.
- Fixed refreshing of the media listed after the deletion of a category.
- Fixed disabling of media caption and properties when moving between media categories.
- Fixed bug where glossary term properties (Review, Exclude and Exclude from Crosslinking) were not being stored in some circumstances.
- Stopped the creation of thumbnails of image during export if marked as excluded.
For further information on Fact Sheet Fusion see: www.lucidcentral.org
To read the FAQs on Fact Sheet Fusion click here.
To purchase Fact Sheet Fusion click here.
A free update to Fact Sheet Fusion will be released in the next week or two. This update will extend the import functionality and allow users to transfer data from one Fusion2 database to another.
It will also include other minor improvements, along with updates to the default fact sheet templates.
We’ve also been working hard to optimise the Players performance. It is currently loading and playing keys 30-50% faster than the Java Applet edition.
More information on this will be coming in the next few weeks.
A number of updates and enhancements have been added to the Lucid Key Server. The ‘Prune Redundants’ feature has now been implemented, including the option for auto pruning.
Users can now also select their preferred window mode. Normally the Lucid Key Server Player shows four windows (Features Available, Features Chosen, Entities Remaining and Entities Discarded). You can now launch the Key Server Player with your preferred combination of windows. For example, just Features Available and Entities Remaining, or Features Available, Entities Available and Entities Discarded etc.
If your organisation already owns a licence for the Lucid Key Server, you can download this update from the Lucidcentral.org downloads page.
Or you can purchase the Lucid Key Server here.
Fact Sheet Fusion v126.96.36.1990 released
A new update to Fact Sheet fusion has just been released. New features include global HTML clean functions for Topic text, Media captions and Glossary Terms.
For more information on Fact Sheet Fusion click here.
To purchase Fact Sheet Fusion click here.