Lucid v3.6 Updated
A number of updates and bug fixes have been made of the last couple of months. Changes include:
- Fixed a bug in best feature where nested numerics were present.
- Fixed a matching bug (related to above numeric best bug).
- Added feature/state selection by Builder assigned unique id or via a user assigned unique id.
- Added filtering of entities by Builder assigned unique id or via a user assigned unique id.
- Added selected features/states are shown expanded in selection windows.
- Added state gallery thumbnail view option.
- Improved image viewer with gallery thumbnail view option.
- User interface updates and additional layout refinements.
- Added ability to pass parameters via the URL in addition to the loading html page and local storage parameters.
- Added Entity remaining and Entity discard tracking into the Local storage option.
- Added additional export options for the Lucid Player.
- Update thumbnails added, check media improved.
- Updated installers to fix missing resources and updated platform support.
- Several minor bug fixes (numeric input, score analyser, import media, etc).
- Tutorial changed over to a PDF format.
Click here to download the latest update
Are you running Lucid on a Windows computer with a high DPI resolution screen? E.g. Microsoft Surface laptop etc. Does the Lucid Builder interface look small? Or the fonts very small?
Try setting the Lucid Builder and Player applications scaling settings to use ‘System’ or ‘System Enhanced’, by right clicking on the executable and adjusting the property shown in the screen shot below.
Click to enlarge
A new Lucid v3.6 update is now available. It adds extra features and corrects several minor bugs. Changes include:
- Shortcuts – this function, like the “Best” function, provides a quicker route to an identification. When Shortcuts is activated, the Player searches for features that, if answered, will provide an immediate shortcut to an identification.
- Why discarded? – indicates those features responsible for a selected entity being discarded.
- Expanding and collapsing features – This feature has been tweaked to be more in line with the previous Java player.
Lucid Builder v3.6
- Saving – changes to the save process have been made to help prevent data loss if an unexpected error occurs. For example, disconnection of a network or USB drive. Or powerloss during the save process or a software bug.
- Bug fixes & other changes – numerous minor bug fixes and enhancements have been completed. More detailed messages and improved dialogs for critical errors, if the unexpected occurs.
Click here to download the latest update
A new Lucid v3.6 update is now available. It adds additional features and corrects several minor bugs. Changes include:
- Support for importing media against the features and states, using the media list format.
- Exporting full path feature and state lists to a text file. This is useful when wanting to create the media list import file. E.g. Fact Sheet Fusion supports importing this format.
- Options to quickly drop feature and state media.
- Support for transparent thumbnail image formats.
- New numeric state selection “out of play” warning, if the numeric features no longer applies to the remaining entities.
Click here to download the latest update.
File size: 98MB
Date: 1st February 2017
- Updated the key deployment options and various deployable setup packages.
- Added a new media check reporting tool.
- Added new and improved image viewing interface to the Desktop application Player.
- Improved the media removal options within the Builder.
- Improved the way drag and drop works within the Builder.
- Updated underlying image handling components to improve thumbnailing, support of additional color palettes and transparency options.
- Removed the Applet Player as a deployment option.
- Removed the SDD import/export support.
- Changed some underlying default preference setting values in the Builder to give a better visual experience.
- Fixed several minor bugs and made underlying changes to default Java libraries to optimise the Builder and Desktop application Player under the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
- Updated the Help files.
If you have current Lucid maintenance this update is free. Otherwise, if you own v3.5 you can purchase the v3.6 upgrade via our on-line store.
Those who have pre-purchased the v3.6 upgrade will receive a separate email notification once your Lucidcentral.org account has been granted access to the v3.6 downloads.
If you have any questions or require support please take a look at the Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us via the Lucidcentral.org help desk.
We hope you enjoy version 3.6.
The Lucid Team
Version v3.6 is now available to purchase.
Support for v3.4 will officially end in February 2017. If you are using this edition you still have time to upgrade to v3.6 until the end of February. No upgrade pricing from v3.4 to v3.6 will be available after this.
We are endeavouring to have the new release finalised and ready late December 2016 or early January 2017.
Lucid Builder Interface
Anyone who purchased v3.5 from September this year will get the v3.6 upgrade for free. Otherwise the upgrade price for existing users of v3.5 will be $360.00.
Lucid v3.5 has been updated (build 3.5.30 04272016).
This update includes minor bug fixes and enhancements to the deployment process to conform with Java Runtime changes. The Lucid v3.5 Player applet now conforms to the Java Web Start technology and will allow Chrome browser users to launch keys.
To obtain the latest Lucid v3.5 visit the Lucidcentral.org downloads page.
To purchase Lucid v3.5 click here.